There are plenty of WordPress themes and plugins available that can be used as an alternative to OptimizePress™. Infact, you’ll see a lot of ‘guru’ Internet marketers promote these alternatives recently because there was quite a long gap between OptimizePress™ 1.0 and OptimizePress™ 2.0 and in the meantime competitors created tools that were just as good as OP and some offered features and benefits that OP did not.
As you know, personally, I am a big fan of OptimizePress™ over other tools (otherwise I wouldn’t be running a blog called OptimizePressPro!!) so I am a little biased to be honest. However, in the interest of offering a balanced view and alternatives so that you can make your own choices, here are some alternatives to OptimizePress.
Probably the leading alternative to OptimizePress™ in terms of creating lead generation squeeze pages. Created by Clay Collins and supported heavily by Internet marketers like James Schramko, Laura Betterly and Pat Flynn. LeadPages™ is an easy to use WordPress theme that comes with templates to create:
- Sales pages
- Landing pages
- Squeeze pages
- Custom thank-you pages
- Upsell pages
- Interview series pages (great for authority building by association sites)
- Launch pages & Welcome gates
As you can see, LeadPages™ makes some big claims and is supported by some big names in the IM world. Check out their website for a full list of features and benefits.
Claiming to be a ‘Point-and-Click Membership Sites and Landing Pages’ system, Premise is another alternative option to OptimizePress™ and LeadPages. It is created and owned by Copyblogger. Using Premise you can create various types of landing pages and membership sites, optimize your conversion rates and search rankings and even create the copy for your landing pages.
That last point is actually a great USP about Premise – it has a built-in ‘Copywriting Assistant’ that helps you to write copy for your landing/squeeze pages, which I don’t believe any other tool offers as a built-in feature.
The main points about Premise:
- it’s a WordPress plugin as opposed to a theme
- one-time unlimited flat-fee for everything
- unlimited use licence on sites you own
- integrates with vBulletin forum software and bbPress
- usual payment gateways supported (PayPal, Authorize.net, 2Checkout, etc)
One of Premise’s selling points is that you can create any one of the following 8 types of landing pages easily (See examples and demo’s of all these 8 types of landing pages at GetPremise):
- Sales page – usual long copy sales page simplified with no clutter
- Social sharing page – where a visitor has to share your website on Facebook or Twitter to ‘unlock’ the free content. I’m not entirely sure I would use this option myself but it’s worth testing to see if it works for you
- Email opt-in page – basically a squeeze page with a call-to-action
- Video page – squeeze page with video
- Thank you page
- Content page
- Pricing page
- Tabbed scroller page
WelcomeGate by LeadBrite (www.welcomegateapp.com)
Create a ‘welcome gate’ opt-in squeeze page for new visitors to your website. This adds a ‘layer’ on top of your homepage that is shown to visitors with a call-to-action to opt-in. The visitor can choose to skip the squeeze page and continue to the main website too, but this model has proved to increase opt-in rates and build your list fast. The model is used by The White House, Mixergy and lots of other major brands and websites to capture leads.
As you can see, there are a few good alternatives to OptimizePress™ 2.0. I personally use OP2 for about 95% of all my landing pages, sales pages etc but I do recommend you test other products too. For example, I use LeadPlayer on this blog as well as other websites I run so I combine various tools to get the different features and benefits from each one.
Ultimately, it’s up to you as to which tool you use. I still recommend OptimizePress™ as my no.1 choice, with LeadPages a very close second.
Buy OptimizePress™ 2.0 and get a $134 bonus product absolutely FREE
Get my interview with James Dyson (Creator of OptimizePress™) as a bonus for buying via this blog. All you need to do is buy from HERE and then email me your order number (email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘OP Bonus’) and i’ll send you the secret download link.
The bonuses you get are:
- Worth $97 – A 60-minute interview (recorded live) with James Dyson where he explains how to get the best out of OP2 and use it to make more sales and build a better online business
- Worth $37 – eBook with special tips on using OP2 in your business with case studies and examples of successful OP2 websites
- PLUS – be first to get future interviews with experts in this field
- PLUS – be first to get discounts, special offers and coupons for other IM tools